Trinity College and High School in Sioux City educated Catholic
boys for some 50 years.
The college, a four-year Catholic educational institution, was
opened in 1913 by Franciscan priests. In 1928, a high school was
established in conjunction with the college. Marianist brothers
took over operation of the college two years later.
Both schools operated at the site until they closed in 1949 with
the opening of Bishop Heelan Catholic High School. Trinity
then functioned briefly as a motherhouse for the Sisters of St.
for several years.
From 1957 to 1968, Trinity became
the site for a Catholic seminary training young men
for the priesthood. (Photos of graduates and
historical records from the seminary and the previous
schools remain in the St. Joseph
Center today at Trinity
In 1969, Western Iowa Tech Community College leased the Trinity
buildings for vocational educational training until the late 1970s.
In 1985, Queen of Peace was formed, and the 53 acres of the former
Trinity College and High School were subsequently purchased. The
aging buildings were razed in 1989 to make way for the grounds
of Trinity Heights to honor and promote devotion to the Immaculate
Heart of Mary Queen of Peace and the Sacred
Heart of Jesus.